The Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation relies on the generosity of its supporters to continue its charity work. We are committed to protecting the data we collect during the course of our activities and we promise to respect any personal information you share with us.
The purpose of this Policy is to be transparent with you about what we do with your information in terms of how we collect, manage, use and protect your personal data.
The Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation may change this Policy from time to time so please visit the website periodically to keep up to date.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy or about the way in which personal information is being processed or you would like to change the way in which we communicate with you, please contact us via any of the following channels:
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: 01565 759 829
POST: Springwood, Booths Park, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8GS
What information we collect
We may collect personal information directly from you when you interact with the Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation. For example:
- when you make a donation
- request signed photographs or football shirts
- subscribe to email updates
- communicate with us about our work
- sign up to participate in an event
- make a complaint
- apply for a job.
We may collect personal information indirectly when you interact with third parties we work with. For example:
- if you have made a donation or created a fundraising page on a third party website such as JustGiving, BT MyDonate or Virgin Money Giving
- if you have applied for a job with us through an agency or an online job site, giving them permission to share your information with us.
These organisations will have their own privacy policies in place which you should familiarise yourself with.
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Your name and contact details, including telephone number, postal and email address
- Taxpayer status for Gift Aid purposes
- Details about your education and career history if you are applying for a position with us.
- Financial information; such as bank or credit/debit card details, if you were to make a donation over the phone. When you use our secure online donation facility, you will be directed to a specialist supplier company, who will receive your credit/debit card number and contact information to process the transaction. We do not store credit/debit card details in relation to donations. We are required to store bank details in some circumstances, including when they are used for direct debit payments
The Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation does not collect sensitive personal data as defined by data protection regulations.
What we do with the information we hold
We collect this information for a number of legitimate reasons. Examples include the following:
- provide you with information, products or services you have requested
- share further information about our work, activities, services or products
- process your donations and claim Gift Aid on your donation, if permitted
- ask you to support the Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation through a donation or participation in an event
- register and administer your participation in events you have signed up for
- process your application for a job or volunteer role
- respond to complaints.
If you have provided your email and/or postal address, we may contact you by these means to send you marketing material, where we have your consent to do so. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. We may also send you information about our projects and fundraising activities, where we have a legitimate interest. However, you can stop this type of communication at any time.
We only process your information where you have given us consent to do so or where there is clear legitimate interest, and we never sell or swap data.
How long we keep information
We will only retain your information for as long as you have an active relationship with us, or are going through a recruitment process, in which case your information will be retained for 6 months. If you cease to have a relationship with us or request to receive no further contact, we will retain some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, for Gift Aid purposes, for financial record keeping and fraud prevention purposes and to ensure that we do not accidentally duplicate information.
Working with third parties
We use companies to provide services and to process data on our behalf such as printing and posting materials and processing donations. We only provide these organisations with the information they need for the specific purpose they are carrying out on our behalf. We make sure that your information is handled securely and only stored for as long as necessary, just as if we were handling it ourselves. We do not sell or swap your information for marketing purposes.
Security, storage & access to personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept secure, accurate and up to date. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Only appropriate trained staff and contractors can access your information. It is stored on secured servers with features to prevent unauthorised access. The personal information we collect from you will be stored at a destination within the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Unfortunately, no transmission of your personal information over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
To make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal information we process about you, please read the following:
- you have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you
- you have the right to have inaccurate data amended or destroyed
- you have the right to request that we delete your personal information
- you have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal information
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information and where we rely on your consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
- you have the right to object to any direct marketing
- you have the right to receive any personal information you provided to us in portable format.
How to exercise your rights
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, if you have any queries that are not answered here or if you wish to complain, please write to use at the Sir Bobby Charlton Foundation, Springwood, Booths Park, Chelford Road, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8GS or email us on [email protected].
If you are not happy with how we have handled your concern or complaint, you can raise your issue directly by contacting the Information Commissioner via www.ico.org.uk.